To send ink with Live PDF for Android, you must first have your digital pen paired to your Android device. For instructions on pairing, see here.
Next, you must have a Live PDF document that's ready for mobile ink sending. This means adding a command box (also sometimes called a "pidget" or "magic box") at print time.
When a digital pen touches a command box, the pen attempts to send its ink files on to another place. For instructions how to include a command box when printing, see here.
Finally, you must also have Live PDF for Android running on your device.
With those things in place ... paired pen, command box, app running ... here's how to send ink:
- Write on the Live PDF document with your digital pen
- Touch the command box with the writing tip of the pen
And, here's what happens:
- The pen attempts to send the ink files (via Bluetooth) to Live PDF for Android.
- Live PDF for Android then routes the ink files to the Live PDF service.
- The ink is applied to the appropriate document/s.
- If you are a recipient of the document, Live PDF for Android's document list will show that the document has been updated.
Important notes on digital pens and tactile feedback:
- Both Anoto Live Pen 1 and Anoto Live Pen 2 provide tactile feedback during Bluetooth ink file sending to describe status. Anoto Live Pen 2 also provides visual feedback on its screen.
- Live Pen 1: When command box is touched, pen "bumps" two times indicating that it has started to send ink files via Bluetooth. When all data is successfully sent and pen is again ready for use, it "bumps" another three times. If something fails with Bluetooth connection or data send, pen will "buzz" vigorously.
- Live Pen 2: When command box is touched, pen "bumps" one time indicating that it has started to send ink files via Bluetooth. When all data is successfully sent and pen is again ready for use, it "bumps" one more time. If something fails with Bluetooth connection or data send, pen will "buzz" vigorously.
- For both pens, in between the first and final "bump" (or set of "bumps"), the pen will not record new handwriting and will "buzz" vigorously if used for writing.